Thursday, May 1, 2014

Cascade

That moment where everything comes together and makes sense. Ever had one of those? Like one of those where everything just works out right, luck's on your side, and afterwards you're wondering how it even worked out?

That was Cascade.

Cascade is where John created something called the "Scratch", which resets the universe and starts over with their guardians being the kids and the kids themselves turn into the guardians. Sounds like the kids are going to die, right? Wrong. Jade, Rose, and Dave all go god tier, and Jade saves all 4 of their planets, Skaia, John, and a battleship which she uses to send herself through the 4th wall.

The author literally made the 4th wall something in this. You didn't misread.



I mean, look at Jade! She is a literal hero in this, she saved pretty much everything, at those last few seconds. And PM finally became a major character in this with her and Bec (Bec's one of the main bad guys in this) as she takes a ring and somewhat transforms into a light version of the villian himself. This was so amazing, solving so many cliff hangers in a matter of minutes. I think all of this affected their character. Wouldn't a near death experience effect you like that? Mainly though, unlike more death experiences, I think this one gave all the kids a boost in confidence in themselves and a sense of unification. 

In short, I'm proud of these kids. Freaking amazing <3

1 comment: