Thursday, February 20, 2014

So I went with Magyk

For this week, I would like to compare the main characters to objects in our daily lives. Not only do I believe this somewhat makes the characters more realistic, it truly helps to understand the characters and their strengths and weaknesses.

Boy 412 seems to be naive about the setting, and a little bit scared. However, he is extremely adventurous and has an unquenchable curiosity. He seems a bit blunt, yet when he rocks the boat he seems somewhat uneasy again, and because of that, reveals his also clumsy nature. Due to this, I would say he is most like a cat. There's a popular belief that cats get scared at shadows easy, making them jumpy and clumsy, much like how Boy 412 is. In addition, "Curiosity kills the cat" is a saying for a reason. Boy 412 has shown a curiosity that is unrivaled by anything I've yet to see in my life, book or real life, and it tended to get him in a little bit of trouble.

Jenna Heap is somewhat bold, and somehow cautious, at the same time. She has shown resourcefulness when in the bog, keeping the rest of her family safe, yet is hunted by the Hunter for her status, as she is a princess, and an evil Ex-Ordinary Wizard DomDaniel needs her dead before he can take over the Castle. Because of these traits, I would say Jenna is most like a flower in the dead of winter. Both stand out, and have given those too afraid to speak up/tired of the winter hope. It's also somewhat reckless to be showing your head like that when you're wanted to bad, seeing how both are red flags compared to their surroundings.

Silas and Sarah Heap have shown to overall be extremely caring, and willing to do anything for their children. However, they seem pretty gullible and fast to accept change. I would say that the pair of them are like weak armor. They try their best to defend what they can, but fact of life is that they can't do their jobs 100%. Like how both are fine with change, weak armor can bend and break easily, showing that maybe their situation adapting isn't the smartest thing in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment