Thursday, February 20, 2014

Next intersection, begin!

So as I finished the 7th Tower series, I am once again at a loss for books I should read next. Well not entirely, but it's a little hard to decide what to actually read when there's so many good books out there.

First up on the list: Lord of the Rings. From what I've gathered, it's about some sort of ring that turns people corrupt and people have to go quest to throw the ring in a volcano. That, in itself, wasn't what really drew me to the book though. I believe two factors really sold me on considering the book. First, the setting. If I can remember correctly, there were a lot of magical references, and fantasy elements in the book. I've always tended to like those kind of books. Second, I've heard so many good things about it. Not only does it seem like a hard series, as one might say, for its girth and massive detail, but to me it seems like a challenge, and I might want to challenge that book now. I'm not 100% though, if I was, I'd be reading it already, wouldn't I?

Second, in a very similar fashion, is Magyk of the 7th Son of the 7th Son series. Not nearly as well known as Lord of the Rings, but I've gotten some personal recommendations from one of my friends that I should read it, which brought it to my attention. I know for a fact that it uses magic commonly, in a very medieval like setting, which seems to be the trend in what I'm looking for as of late. I've also heard the plot has something to do with an evil force escaping and the 7th son of the 7th son has to stop it. That's such an awkward thing to call someone, but it's the best I can do for the main character right now, which I'm pretty sure is that 7th son of the 7th son. It seems pretty big as well, and has 5 books in the series, unlike how Lord of the Rings only has 3. It might honestly have more text than Lord of the Rings, but I guess I can't compare the two until I finish reading both series.

Going a little bit away from this magic theme, but not all the way, is Magic under Glass. It's a single book so it'd most likely be a quick read I can get in before the end of the trimester. My mom bought me the book and left it on my desk for a while now, it might not be such a bad idea to have a quick read at this point in time considering it's close to the end of the trimester. From what I've gathered, its about some musician girl finding a clockwork doll who can talk and tries to get her to do "something". What that "something" is, my mom omitted just to probably get me to read the book in the first place. Regardless, it seems like somewhat of an option, especially considering the time frame I'm writing this in.

So which one should I do? Comments much appreciated~

No comments:

Post a Comment