Have you ever had that friend that just goes around, trying to honestly try their best but they can never really get ahold of what they want? Ok, maybe not having a friend like that is the best example, because I think anyone who would be labeled as that would be somewhat offended and there aren't really that many people who don't try as hard as they can and not succeed. So a better example would be a dog. Like, you know those kind of days where your dog just sits there, trying to get you to get them to take a bath, but you don't feel like it, so they keep hounding you (ha the puns), and eventually forget what they were going to do in the first place and just go do other things like play with their bone but then get bored of it so then they start pestering you again and get bored and the cycle goes on and on?
I think I got off track somewhere.
But that's John Egbert. Freaking love this guy.
JUST LOOK AT HIM. He has these dorky glasses on, hair not even really kept, the green ghost buster slime thing that's grinning dispite all odds. And then there's his buck teeth. How did he even get teeth messed up that bad? Those are some wonky genetics going on, I kind of feel bad for him. But he's somewhat just that person who doesn't really quite think through things before he does them, he just...does them. Goes through the flow of life without really thinking of the consequences(Except for Betty Crocker, which no one can explain. He's a weird dude). Kinda like Mildred from Fahrenheit 451. I think from what I'm seeing though that he has a good heart, though he seems somewhat pessimistic when he thinks about things.
"John? Who is this "John" you speak of? You are quite certain there has never been, nor ever will be..."
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=001946
In that quote, he puts on a disguise that is obviously see through to try to fool his dad that it isn't him. It's one of those big glasses with a fake nose and a magicians hat combined all into one. You know, this may just be my extreme deductive super sleuth skills, but I'm pretty sure I could tell that's John from a long shot. ESPECIALLY with him wearing that, as that'd be something only he would even dare do. Later, he shamelessly goes downstairs where his dad could see him in such a "disguise", which I would never have the self pride to spare to do a thing like that. You know what, I dare one of you guys to wear a disguise like that to school. And for me to take pictures. :)
Hey I really like this post! I really hear your voice on John's character...he is unique? Is the name of the book Egderp's Shenanigans? I really like how you explained him from his messed-up genetics to his occasional pessimistic views.
ReplyDeleteI like all your puns and you did a really good job with your wording and title and everything i normal just dont read peoples post adn just comment on them but i read this and enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Striders are going to Stride