Book currently reading: Allegiant
Prompt chosen for Week 1:
• Write a post about predictions where you suggest future plot events and/or ask questions you have about what you have read so far.
So far, I have read about how Tris has escaped Chicago Illinois, and with that, the factionless. She and Tobias have met some faces they thought to be dead prior to escape, and they brought along Tris's backstabbing brother, Caleb. Also, Tobias has found out he is not in fact Divergent, but his experiences with his parents have shaped him to be immune to Erudite's brain control drug. Knowing this, it seems that the author is tending to try to put the reader on their toes, keeping them from knowing anything for certain. With this in mind, I'm willing to bet that Tris isn't indeed Divergent either, but a heightened version of it. For a little bit of back story to this prediction, the reason these factions were created was to purify a country wide experiment, involving trying to get our negative sides out of our genetic code. This lead to the dehumanizing of the population, and to avoid the apocalypse, and these little isolated places, like Chicago where Tris and Tobias were kept, were generations in the making to repurify those genetic mutations. I think Tris is what the original experiments were going after in the first place.
To show each element she carries, she's brave enough to run away from the city, first off, and to stand up against Erudite. She shows compassion when she accidentally kills Will, and holds a small mini funeral, despite the turmoil her society and life was in. She shows forgiveness when she lets Caleb escape with them, instead of letting him get killed at the hands of the factionless. She's smart because her plans to take down Erudite came to reality due to good planning. And she's honest to those she talks too, not giving them complete lies. These 5 qualities all represent the 5 factions in Chicago, and she possesses traits from all 5, making her the true blend of personality traits that balanced each other out without causing harm to the world, which is what the original purpose in the first place.
I think it's interesting that even though Tris possesses traits from all 5 factions, she only showed aptitude for three in the original story. I also think it's intriguing that with, as cold as Tris is sometimes portrayed to be, that she took Caleb along with her anyway. I'm not sure I would have been able to do that.
ReplyDelete